The Café Brasileiro is sweet, a mix of cachaca, chocolate liqueur and a special vanilla cream – all of that with fresh hot coffee. I recommend making the best cup of coffee possible, your standard drip coffee pot may not do it here. I prefer to use a French press with slightly ground beans (fair trade, organic) because it produces a frothier, richer cup of coffee that is excellent in this.
- 1 1/2 oz Sagatiba Pura Cachaca
- 1/2 oz dark chocolate liqueur
- 2 1/2 oz fresh hot coffee
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz heavy cream*
- seeds from one vanilla pod*
- * to make 2 oz vanilla cream for floating
- To make vanilla cream:
- Scrape the seeds from a vanilla pod into a cocktail shaker.
- Add heavy cream and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Stir all other ingredients together in an Irish coffee glass.
- Slowly and gently layer the vanilla cream onto the surface of the drink.